We at McDaniel Fruit Company know the importance of a good reputation. We take the responsibility of preserving ours seriously. To that end, we operate with integrity to:
- Crop Estimates
- Bin Delivery & Pickup
- Payment Terms
- Bilingual Staff
- Bagging Programs: Industry studies show that providing your customers with the option of purchasing multiple fresh avocados in a bagged format will increase the volume of consumer “impulse buys.”
- Select II: Our “Select II” avocados are sorted out on the production line due to physical imperfections and are sold to customers that appreciate the quality green gold under their surface blemishes.
- Organic: We know there is growing demand from consumers for organically grown products.
- Pallets: McDaniel Fruit Company can stack on standard 40 x 48 #1 hardwood grocery pallets or CHEP pallets for those customers who are part of the CHEP companies certified group of receivers.
Primus GFSI certified
All McDaniel Fruit Company owned and contracted packing facilities are Primus GFSI certified with full Produce Traceability Initiative compliance
Primus GFSI Harvest Certified
The McDaniel Fruit Harvest Crew is Primus GFSI Harvest Certified and all contracted crews follow Good Harvesting Standards
All California growers that send their fruit to McDaniel Fruit Company follow Good Agricultural Practices in compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
All international imports meet requirements outlined in the Food Safety Modernization Act with compliance trace back available to the grove level.
- Grove development and expansion
- Water management & irrigation consultation
- Tree removal and replanting
- Pruning and skirting
- Pipe repair & system installation
- Fertilizer recommendation and application
- Crop Protection
- Weed control
Very hard fruit. Usually green in color. Some fruit may be a darker shade. (25lbs of pressure or more)
Ready to eat in approximately 3 days if held at room temperature. (15-25 lbs of pressure)
(Pre-ripened). Slight give to fruit. Ready to eat in approximately 2 days if held at room temperature (10-15% lbs of pressure)
(Pre-ripened). Yields to gentle pressure. Good for slicing. Fully ripe next day if held at room temperature. (5-10% lbs of pressure)
Easily yields to gentle pressure. Good for all uses. Will remain in this condition for 2-3 days if held at room temperature (5 lbs of pressure)